TOM CRUISE ON A PLANE!
It’s MI5! There’s a double-entendre there somewhere. The Impossible Mission Force (IMF) is joined by a rogue agent this time around. And we must say, this iteration feels a lot more like the TV show. There’s goods and bads in that statement.
- 9 min: Tom Cruise and the Death Wish
- 11: Comparing the franchise to itself.
- 17: Chemistry, Happy Accidents and Adlibs in movies.
- 20: Supporting Characters: Ving Rhames and Simon Pegg.
- 22: Jarad’s never seen SHAUN OF THE DEAD… Whaaaa?
- 23: The tone of the movie felt like a throwback.
- 24: Stuntwork
- 25: The Wraith ~ This movie reminded Jarad of this old movie.
- 27: Bad CGI parts
- 29: Comparing to GHOST PROTOCOL. Scale, set pieces and sequences.
- 31: That doesn’t sound like clapping noises!
- 31: Whose movie is this? Tom Cruise took a backseat to Rebecca Ferguson and Simon Pegg.
- 32: Hury and Jarad like some Rebecca Ferguson.
- 37: The undertone: political agendas. “The monster gets out, and you can’t do anything about it” – Hury
- 38: Leon’s alternative ideas to make the movie more interesting. Narratively-speaking.
- 41: Slight tangent ~ Leon’s problem with the Resident Evil franchise.
- 43: Bringing it back to the TV Show ~ the M.I. tropes and gags.
- 47: Trying to find the logic: “Who the hell would put a profile chip… in an underwater thing?” ~ Leon
- 50: Trying to find the logic Part 2: Where’d the defibrillator come from? There’s a power outlet in the sewers?
- 51: The box.
- 52 Trying to find the logic Part 3: Ricochet.
- 53: Round table: The Verdict.